Need some help? Our team is here to help you enjoy your experience on Azmalo and answer all the questions you could have. You will find below a list of all the frequently asked questions.
Feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 042 35972162. Our Customer service team is waiting for your questions and suggestions.
NEW! Jump now on our LiveChat and get live answers from our customer service team.
In the meantime, please read our frequently asked questions below to find fast answers to your queries.
- What is Azmalo?
Azmalo is Pakistan’s largest marketplace where you can buy, bid or sell items from fashion, electronics, jewelries to books. On Azmalo, a seller could list an item for sale and may choose to accept only bids for the item in form of auctions or to offer the item at a fixed price.
- Why should I choose Azmalo?
Azmalo connects you to millions of buyers and sellers in Pakistan. You get to find trusted merchants with amazing deals, compare prices across merchants and buy from sellers in your neighbourhood. Moreover, you could just auction off old items and make cool cash.
- How does it work?
t is super easy to use Azmalo, all you need to do is to register. You will find the register button on the upper right corner on the website. Fill the fields correctly, you automatically get an email, check and confirm and you’re good to start selling or buying..
- Do I have to register to use Azmalo?
Yes. To sell, buy or auction, you need to register. The good thing is that registration at Azmalo is FREE and the process is very simple:
- Click on “Register” button and you will be asked to provide your basic contact information.
- You will receive a confirmation email, click on the link and you are now registered at Azmalo!
- Is Azmalo free?
For the buyer, Azmalo is completely free. For sellers auctions will remain free for now. Same with fixed price sales but we will ask you for a small commission in the future. But don’t worry sell as much as you can now. We will inform you before we start charging.
- I forgot my password? Can I reset it?
Here is how you retrieve your forgotten password. Just click on the “forget your password” button. This will take you to a page where you can fill in your email address. Click submit and you will receive an email with a link to reset it.
- Can I change my email address?
Yes, you can change your email address. All you need to do is login and you will be welcomed by an account control panel. Find the contact information box, you will see change your email, click and include the new address. That’s it.
- I can’t upload a picture
We support JPEG and PNG formats of pictures. If you experience problems please change your browser and try “Google Chrome” or “Mozilla”.
- I can’t register on the website
Make sure you have filled out all required fields. Click on register and take a look at the information highlighted in red to complete your registration. Once the registration form is filled out and submitted, an email notification will be sent to your email. Please make sure you access your email account to verify it.
If you continue to experience problems, please send us your phone number to cs@Azmalo.com.ng. We will call you back ASAP and walk you through the registration process.
- Do I need a separate account to buy or sell?
No! All you need is one account. With that you can buy, sell and auction.
- What do you mean by “Fixed Price” listing?
Fixed Price listings are listings with a fixed price. The prices of products in this category are non-negotiable. It means that’s the best deal the merchant can offer on the item.
- I don’t understand how this “Auction” listings work:
It is quite simple. For the seller, if you have a product and you don’t know the value, you can just auction it, put a deadline and set the minimum purchase price. Buyers bid and at the expiry of the offer, the highest bidder wins.
For the buyer, when you spot a product in the auction listings, you just place your bid.
- Place a bid by putting the amount of Naira that you are willing to spend into the box above “bid now” button. You should only bid so much to beat the second highest bid. E.g. you bid 1000 Naira the second highest bid is 500. We advise you bid 503 so you don’t waste your money!
- You can bid until the auction ends. TIP: 50% of auctions are won in the last 5 sec. before the end of the auctions, so keep an eye of things you really want!
- If your bid has been successful you will be notified. The seller will reach out to you and you can discuss next steps to finalize your transaction.
- If anything doesn’t go as planned, let us know by sending an email to cs@Azmalo.com.ng . Please state the order number given to you in the confirmation mail.
- After finalization please provide feedback about the seller to reward him if you were satisfied with the purchase.
- What do you mean by Classified listings:
In the Classified-style ads, buyers will always contact the seller to negotiate, even if he/she puts a price. When you see a classified you’re interested in, simply click on the “Contact Seller” button and state the nature of your inquiry. e.g. you should state your “OFFER” if you want to buy the listed item. If you and the seller agree on a price, simply arrange on a meeting point and finalize the transaction.
- Is it necessary to give a feedback?
Yes, it is. Your feedback helps rate merchants and buyers alike in order to improve your shopping experience. After finalization please provide feedback about the seller to reward him if you were satisfied with the purchase and let other buyers know!
- Do I need to register in order to sell or auction on Azmalo?
You need to register in order to list your products. You will find the register button on the upper right corner on the website. Fill the fields correctly, you automatically get an email, check and confirm and you’re good to start selling. As a registered user, you can manage your listings, extend the listings date and change the quantity available.
- What is in it for me as a seller?
Many opportunities lie in stock for you. With a huge marketing budget and a wealth of expertise in online marketing, you can be rest assured millions of people will see your product offerings, which will in turn boost your sales. Working with us is completely RISK-FREE, as we get commissions on only items you sell through us. Even more, the first three month is free!
- How long can a listing stay on Azmalo?
All listings on Azmalo can stay up to a maximum of 30 days depending on how long you want it to stay.
- Can I upload images of my product?
Oh yes, you can upload pictures of your products. On the listing page you would see a section called ‘upload some images’ (right below the description box) where you can upload up to 4 pictures that will be shown with your listing.
- Ensure the pictures are in PNG and JPEG format.
- Can I make changes to my listing?
The only thing you can change is the number of quantity available for sale. If there is need for further editing like changing pictures or product description, contact our customer service, and we’d be glad to help you. Once you/we have made the changes, they will take effect immediately.
- Can I cancel my listing?
Yes, you can. However, cancelling your listing automatically removes the item from our product catalogue and your product will not be visible to prospective buyers.
- When is it necessary to cancel my listing?
You should cancel your listing the moment you run out of stock of such products so as not to mislead the buyers.
- Can I include personal contact information in my listings?
No! You may not include personal information like phone numbers and emails in your listings. Once a buyer shows an interest in your listing, we automatically send your contact details to them and they contact you directly.
- How do I know when someone buys my product?
When someone orders your product from our website, we will directly inform you about the purchase via an email with the buyer’s contact details. You are expected to contact the buyer and finalise sale as soon as possible. However, from the dashboard of your Azmalo account, you can view the number of items sold.
- Can I choose to be notified via email or text when a buyer buys my item?
No for now. The buyer may text or will call or can even visit your shop physically.
- Can we choose to not pay commission but pay a standard fee monthly?
No, we only accept commission. It is important for us to make sure we only charge you when you benefit from us. Therefore a commission is the less risky way to work together, because our goals are the same.
- What is in it for Azmalo?
Our sole aim is to boost your sales. For efforts in marketing your goods, we get a commission from every item that you sell on Azmalo. The commission is between 1 to 9% of the price of the item and is negotiable.
- How do merchants pay their commission?
All merchant/seller will pay via bank transfer.
- How does Azmalo know that the transaction actually happened between the buyer and the seller?
When a buyer clicks the buy button on Azmalo. Azmalo sends an email to the buyer and seller.
- Seller contacts buyer where and when to pick up.
- After 7 days Azmalo requests feedback from both parties.
- Positive feedback from buyer means the transaction was successful. If a negative feedback, we know it didn’t happen.
- If no feedback then we are going to ask the merchant if the buyer actually came and picked up the item.
- Can I sell worldwide?
No! Our website only supports sales in Pakistan because of security issues.
- How do I buy on Azmalo?
Find the product you want to buy, once you have selected the item you want, If the item is for/at:
Auction: You place a bid and compete with other buyers until the listing expires. Highest bidder gets the product!
Fixed Price: buy the item immediately for the displayed price
Classified: contact the seller directly and negotiate!
Once you buy your item, you will receive a confirmation mail with the order information and seller’s contact details
a) Contact the seller
b) Arrange a location and time to pick up
c) Meet and pay for the product.
- How do I find an item on Azmalo?
You can browse listings when you’re not sure what you’re looking for, or when you simply want to explore the range of items on Azmalo or in a particular category. Click on Categories and Subcategories and if you find an item you’re interested in, just click on the item title.
You can also search for items when you are looking for a specific item that you can describe using a few words. In this case, simply go to the search box, enter a few words describing what you are looking for, select a category and click the “Search”. A search results page of Azmalo listings will be displayed. Review your search results pages by price, condition of product and item, city and if you see something you’re interested in, just click on the item title.
- When will I get my product after I place an order?
After you place your order, you will receive a confirmation email. Be proactive, contact the seller and suggest a meeting point and time for pickup. This will ensure that you get your item ASAP. Normally it takes between 2-4 days. If you have issues reaching the seller, let us know: cs@Azmalo.pk.
- How much do I pay for shipping?
This is largely dependent on your negotiation with the seller. Most times, charge is applied based on order weight and shipping address. Make sure you discuss the amount paid for shipping before you make the purchase by clicking on “Bid Now” or “Buy Now” to avoid surprises afterwards.
- If I order from Azmalo, will I get my items delivered to me?
Please contact the seller of your item prior to making the purchase or placing a bid if he is willing to deliver. Ask him how much the shipping would cost to avoid problems afterwards. Because of safety reasons we recommend you to only accept “Cash on delivery” shipments. Do not send money to sellers before inspecting the item!
- Can I meet the seller and pick up my item?
That is your preferred option. Three reasons why:
a) It is safe. You can inspect the product before you hand over the money
b) It is for free. You don’t have to pay for delivery
c) It is quick. Contact the seller and ask him when you can come along and pick up.
- How do I make payment?
Azmalo currently offers one safe and easy way to pay. “Pay on Local Pickup”. This will give you the opportunity to inspect the item before handing over the money.
- Are your prices negotiable?
For “Fixed price” and “Auctions” categories, prices are fixed, meaning you have to pay what the merchant requests or the end price of an auction that you won. However with “Classifieds” you may contact the seller and make him an offer for the item.
- Who do I buy my products from?
All items sold on our website are being sold by third parties. Merchants and private individuals who post their listings and are responsible for pictures and descriptions. However, we are screening sellers and listings constantly to ensure only top sellers use our website.
To make sure your purchase is a great success; look out for sellers with
a) positive feedback (above 95% positive is considered good) from previous sellers or
b) our “Trusted Seller” Badge!
- What are the things that potentially fraudulent sellers do?
- Sell an expensive popular item at a suspiciously low price.
- Tells you to transfer money when he’s not willing to allow you see the product
- Not being up front about the authenticity of items for sale.
- Will repeatedly not answer phone calls or email.
- Continuously provide excuses about why you haven’t received an item.
- What should I do if I suspect a fraud seller/buyer?
Feel free to contact us at cs@Azmalo.pk, and email, and we will confirm the authenticity of such product listings and the merchant/vendor.
- How can I avoid a fraud?
One way we sure agree is the easiest way to beat fraud is to actually pick up your products — where you can inspect the item, meet the seller and pay at the time of pickup or delivery. This is the surest and safest way to make a transaction. Other ways are:
- Know what you are buying
- It is important you compare prices. Remember, if the price looks too good to be true, it probably is. In particular, be careful when purchasing high-tech goods, especially when prices are far below retail. Certain high-end items such as tablets, mobile phones, and notebook computers are likely targets for scammers.
- Use a payment method with fraud protection.
- How do we reduce false bidders?
Over time, with feedbacks from the sellers we’ll be able to tell false bidders. This why your feedback about sellers after any transaction is very important and highly reccommended.